Friday 7 March 2014

Hair care routine with Meg ; How to tame ultra long, thick and frizzy hair.

Do you ever walk past a mirror or a very clean window out in public, catch a glimpse of yourself and think, Oh my...have I transformed into Hagrid over night ? Well, calling all girls with long, thick and bloody frizzy hair, you're not alone! In this post I'll be sharing my hair care routine, and how I maintain healthy locks that look (somewhat) tamed but with a tussled and edgy look. Take a peak.

Ok, so Step 1 :
PRETEND YOU'RE A MERMAID (a.k.a wash the filth outa your hair guuuurl)

My personal preference of Shampoo at the moment is Umburto Giannini which look a little something like this.
I then use the Aussie, '3 minute miracle' and leave it on for one to three minutes (obviously the longer the better) and I can't begin to explain how impressed with this product I am, its a must have for girls with uncontrollable hair! 

Then, on top of this I use the Umberto Giannini Conditioner (and a lot of it)  purely to de-tangle my hair to make it easier when brushing a couple of stages later.

Step 2 : Towel dry your hair so it looks a little something like this, drip free, so you don't have to over do it with the blow dryer.
Step 3: Brush the blues away !!! For this, I use/suggest a Natural Bristle, round, wooden handled hairbrush as they're sturdy and will actually get through the thickness of your hair.
 I separate my hair into sections and make it knot free .

Step 4 : I apply a GHD heat serum and blow dry my hair with the Lee Stafford hot pink hair dryer (which is another recommendation of mine) downwards to create a sleeker and more controlled look (also drying your hair upside down damages your hair girls!) 
So you're then left with this kind of look ...

Now, depending on preference and how well you've blow dried it (I will admit, this was a good day) you may be able to leave it looking like this which you could then accesorise with cute headbands, headscarfs or turbans for a cute and quirky style.  But if it's still so so super frizzy and you're in need of taming the beast some more go ahead and straighten it or add a few curls in place like this.

Just remember girls, there's something for everybody so embrace your hair, make it your statement, learn to appreciate it, work with it, mould to it and you'll soon learn to be content, just like I have. 


Meg xo






1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete