Wednesday 19 March 2014

Appreciate my assets



Love your body, appreciate your assets.




Back to the beginning of time (or to what I can remember), I have had a constant battle with my weight. From being told I need to switch places with my friend on the fairground ride because I'm the larger one or being forced to do the BMI test in science and P.E class with the reading being 'obese', it was drilled into me at a tragically young age that I wasn't normal, that I was overweight, that I was an A* target for bullies because I had a couple of extra pounds on me. (Thankfully, I was a ballsy little bitch when I was younger so I  never did get bullied as such but the god awful, three letter word that we all dread did get thrown around a fair few times)


By the age of 14/15 society had got the better of me. Larger people were there to make fun of and 'skinny' people were what you aspired to look like. I was young, naive and I was making myself Ill, becoming obsessed with fad diets and exercise. For instance, I'd go to school and eat nothing but a pot of baby food and a rusk and be faced with a rumbling stomach for the rest of the day, desperately trying to fill myself up on water.

Now, body positivity is all about promoting that what you are suits. If you're a size 0 or a size 20+ who cares ? As long as you're fit and healthy who else is to say you're overweight or underweight? it's YOUR  body, YOUR life, YOUR confidence, now all you have to do is learn to appreciate that. 

At current, I'm at the largest i've weighed and over the past year i've gradually seen my dress size creep up.

 Blaming it on all of the excuses possible, "Primark's sizes are odd anyway", "oh it must be the make of the skirt", "yeah its my boobs, that's why its not fitting". Sound familiar? We all have to face the facts. If you like food, you're going to eat a big fat cupcake, or a greasy slice of pizza, WHO CARES !!!!!!! As long as it's in moderation and you're not on the road to a heart attack, you appreciate that pizza, you foodgasm over that cupcake, you enjoy it ! 


Now i've grown with society, and faced the facts I will never be skinny, yes I could shed some pounds and drop a few dress sizes, tone my body and shake some flab off of my butt but at the moment it's not at the top of my to do. 


 I'm in a happy relationship, my boyfriend doesn't like spooning a twig.  When I was younger my mindset was very much "boys wont like me because i'm fat". Honestly girls, it's not the case. 

I don't actually believe in 'diets' as such. If you want to watch what you eat you need to look at it as a life change. Diets will last for a week and you'll get bored, seek temptation and cave. If you want to tone up, slim down, it's a life change you need to look at. More exercise, your 5 a day and healthy sleeping pattern.  Health is key, not others opinions.

I hope to think you'll take what i've said into consideration and start to appreciate your assets. Its not a quick transformation, but gradually your confidence will over ride your anxiety issues about weight, you'll get there, I promise :} 

Meg xo


2 comments:

  1. I love this post! It's great to see how confident you are :-) I wish I could get my legs out, haha! Great post.

    Caitlin
    caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It's all about appreciating what you've got and working with it. Give it a go :}
    Meg xo

    ReplyDelete